Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Not much longer

I said I would try to post quicker this time so here we go. We went to the doctor today and also saw Aiden. He continues to grow and has not fallen any further behind but is not gaining weight like he should so with the guidance from our doctors we have scheduled a c-section for Friday, Nov. 6 @ 8:00 am. One week and we meet our precious baby boy. He has proven to be a stubborn little boy already in that he has not moved into a different position and he is not giving us a good profile shot but we do see that he has his daddy's nose and his mommy's cheeks - good combination I think!!! We go on Wednesday, Nov. 4 for the last doctor visit and ultrasound before his birth, so the next time we see him it will be in person.

Of course, we are excited and scared like any parents would be but the excitement of meeting this little guy overpowers all fear and anxiety. This has been a long and hard journey for all of us. Last night our church gathered with other members of the community to show their love, support, and prayers for us and it was to say the least very overwhelming. I have said that if the c-section was the best thing for Aiden that it would be done but I have always been very fearful of it. The other boys were natural so I always assumed Aiden would be but God has different plans for him and we are following those plans. After last night and having everyone pray for us, I feel calmer and more at ease about this. No, that does not mean I'm not a little worried about surgery but it does mean that I'm at peace with it. I know some might think I'm ok with this by saying I'm at peace but that is far from fact but I'm not angry and don't think I ever was. I'm hurt not because of me but because of my sweet son and him having to go through this and never wanting him to suffer.

We know that decisions are still ahead about Aiden's care but we continue to have faith that we will bring Aiden home with us no matter the length of time and will enjoy every moment. We have seen how Aiden has already made an impact in peoples' lives and know that we will continue to see it. It has brought a community together praying for this little boy and we realize more than ever how many special friends we have. May God bless you in your own way as he has us.

4 comments:

Carey said...

Ash

Your words continue to touch my heart and soul. I'm am excited to meet Aiden, this very special gift of a boy! We continue to pray for peace, strength, and just an overwhelming sense of God's presence in your life and in your family's!
We luv yall!

amy terral said...

My prayer for an uncomplicated delivery and the joy of birth regardless of the circumstances will continue. I will be out of town for his birth, but I know that someone will keep me in the loop. Personally, I want to know if he has red hair ;)

love ya'll
Amy

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

What a precious blog entry. May you feel wrapped in His love and peace in the days ahead. Love, Ms. Lea

Emily Holleman said...

Thinking of your family this week. Sending up prayers for baby Aiden, you, and the family!

Emily and Chris Holleman