Now on to the conditions of this award which are easy peasy. State 10 things about yourself then pass this award along to 10 fellow bloggers. Ok maybe passing the award is easy but 10 things, let me think . . .
1. I am deathly afraid of snakes and lizards, can't look at them on tv or in books, can't see them in real life (I might hurt myself or others getting away). When I was little, my dad and I were picking blackberries in the woods beside my house and a king snake (ok I tried to look up a picture for reference but at first sight I got the shakes so forget that) crawled across my foot. I was frozen, completely utterly scared to death and since then can't look at, will never touch, and have threatened my boys to never ever bring a snake and/or lizard (close enough in look for me) near me.
2. I love the SEC (SouthEastern Conference) especially football (you know LSU Tigers and those other teams like Arkansas Razorbacks, Auburn Tigers/Eagles whatever they are this week, Alabama Crimson Tide, MS State Bulldogs - 2nd in my book only to LSU, etc. ok maybe I should mention FL Gators - just for you Shannon and Tracey). There is nothing better than sitting in Death Valley on a Saturday watching the TIGERS play, the roar of the crowd (maybe not during the past season), the sunset, and the excitement from the game - IT IS AWESOME!!! I did mention I was a fan, right?!
3. I work for a company that owns tugboats and runs barges up/down the river and sells fertilizer. I take care of payroll and insurance, a change from being an Accountant but I love it, it is always changing and never a dull moment.
4. In August, I will be married 10 years after dating for 5 years and during the first 4 years of marriage, lived in 3 states, 5 differenct homes/apartments. Luckily the moving has stopped - I hope!
5. I have 2 boys in arms but 3 boys in my heart.
6. I am the mother of a Trisomy 18 angel, Aiden and am so very proud of him.
7. I love the Lord more than I could ever explain, He has been there and continues to be there every moment of every day for everything. Without hesitation and even with our questioning and doubting He is still there - who else can you say that about???
You alone are the LORD. You made the heavens, even the highest heavens, and all their starry host, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them. You give life to everything, and the multitudes of heaven worship you. Nehemiah 9:6
8. I live in Louisiana (for those who didn't know) and LA means "Lower Arkansas" to me, I live in a small town that is approx 20 miles from Arkansas. And no not ever lives in New Orleans, that is the first question that is asked after I say I live in Louisiana. Don't get me wrong I LOVE New Orleans but there is more to this state than NOLA.
9. I love the South, I cannot imagine living anywhere else. It's the magnolias blooming, the sweet tea, the front porches, the hot summer (we don't have spring weather) nights, pecan pies, gumbo, crawfish and shrimp. It's Gone with the Wind, Steel Magnolias, To Kill a Mockingbird, The Big Easy, Sweet Home Alabama, Driving Miss Daisy, Fried Green Tomatoes, and Hope Floats - just to name a few. It's where everyone says thank you, ma'am and sir, ya'll, honey and darlin. We drink bloody mary's in the morning, mint juleps at lunch and muscadine wine for dinner and sweet tea all day long. We eat fried green tomatoes, fried chicken, crawfish pie, shrimp gumbo, cheese grits, and shrimp & grits. It's Designing Women (you will always be remembered Julia Sugarbaker), The Dukes of Hazzard, Dallas, Andy Griffith, and Golden Girls.
10. I love the internet, ok it sounds silly but think about it - I would have never met you, never read your comments, and never followed your blogs. So I love the internet.
Now to pass this award on to a few good bloggers . . .
Charms of the Carolines
The DC Ladies
The Queen of my House
Home of a Magnolia
Karen at Home
Mike and McGee
A Southern Belle, trying not to rust
Punchy Pink Martinis
Musings of a Southern Belle Mama