Friday, September 30, 2011

Last weekend. . .

we went canoeing/kayaking down the mighty Mississippi River (ok only 7 miles of it :) ) with several other families.  I have to tell you I was a little nervous, intimidated, scared, I mean this is the Mississippi River but I was with friends that I trust mine, my sons', and my hubby's life with (that is apparent - right?).  The start of the trip I canoed with my oldest, Hunter, while hubby took the "power" boat with the supplies, my youngest, Mason and a few others.  I quickly learned my oldest is definitely my hubby's child, he is stubborn just like him and we do not work well together or at least not canoeing - I have to keep telling myself "He is 7".   Anyway we went the first leg of the trip (about 3 1/2 miles) and stopped to grill burgers, play in the water, and visit.  The second leg of the trip I kayaked by myself for approx. 3 1/2 miles (first time ever!) and it was so much fun.



Cute even if he is covered in mud!

 I am not zooming in - do you see how close this barge is to us???


                                      



I can't wait until next year and even hubby said he would canoe/kayak this time.  I think he saw how much fun we were having - :) !  

...where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.2 Corinthians 3:17

No comments: